Sunday, May 29, 2011

American Royalty - Demo 2011

Location: Philadelphia, PA
Genre: Melodic Hardcore / Pop Punk
Contact: americanroyaltypa@gmail.com
Download: americanroyaltypa.bandcamp.com

American Royalty are a five piece, melodic hardcore band along the lines of Lifetime and early Saves The Day, New Found Glory, Brand New and even Fastbreak.  This demo is a short two-song sample of what American Royalty are up to musically. 

The lead track, "Movie or the Planet," starts off fast, melodic and catchy.  To me, that is everything I want out of a melodic hardcore/punk song.  Midway through the song, the gang vocals kick in with melodic mosh parts soon to follow.  The song ends with the gang vocals, "I guess that I just miss my friend," which ends this song about distant friends very nicely.  The last track, "Mill Street," kicks in right away.  The fast and driving guitar riffs keep the song moving along to the chorus transition.  The catchy chorus of "I'm leaving those/these days in my rear view.  There's no turning back from here.  I'm not gonna dwell on it," fits perfectly with the lyrical theme of change within the song.  Musically, this song reminds me a lot of the musical structure of Saves The Day's "Do You Know What I Love The Most?" from the Through Being Cool album.  The end of the song finds the chorus evolving into a big singalong finale to conclude this recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment