Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget The Struggle...

WarZone - Don't Forget The Struggle, Don't Forget The Streets
Download:  www.mediafire.com/?e2wjttmkaoz
Release: 1988

Ten years ago, I woke up at 10 AM, ate some cereal and then turned on my computer.  After logging into my Instant Messenger account, I was bombarded with IMs saying "Turn on your TV," "Holy shit..." and "I can't believe what just happened."  I had no idea what anyone was talking about, so I went into the next room and turned on my television.  What I saw was a giant building with smoke billowing out of its side.  After a minute or two, it clicked what had just happened. By the time I turned on the TV, hijacked planes had crashed into both the North and South towers of the World Trade Center and the South Tower had already fallen.  Shortly thereafter, the North Tower fell.  Around noon, I went out to Clifton Field to go for a jog to clear my head.  That was the most surreal run of my life.  The whole world stood still that day and the only sounds I heard besides my breathing were random cars out on the street.  I had no friends or family in New York City that day, which made me thankful for their safety.  There are many people that were not so lucky and my heart goes out to them.  On this day, I can only think of one album to post in remembrance of 9/11 and that is WarZone's Don't Forget The Struggle, Don't Forget The Streets.  I think a more appropriate title for today would be Never Forget The Struggle, Never Forget The Streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment