Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rollins Band West Memphis 3 benefit w/ Keith Morris and Henry Rollins

Rollins Band w/ Keith Morris and Henry Rollins
Rise Above: West Memphis Three Tour
June 26, 2003 Denver, CO
Live Recording by SXPXDXCX

I was hanging out with my friend Tyler the other night from the band Changes in Brick, NJ.  My girlfriend and I went out there to get some food at Kaya's Kitchen in Belmar, NJ and to hang out with Tyler and his fiance Rebecca.  After dinner, we went back to their place and talked for a while about dogs, music, food, life and yoga among other things.  While sitting around, Tyler burned me a hand full of CDs filled with crucial jams he felt I needed to listen to.  Among that pile of CDs was a live recording of the Rollins Band set on the Rise Above: West Memphis 3 Tour from Denver, CO.  Keith Morris sings the first nine songs and then Henry Rollins steps up to finish the remaining eighteen songs.  At the end of the set, they throw in "Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment" and "Sheena Is A Punk Rocker" by The Ramones.  All the classics were played on this tour and done extremely well.  The poster to the left is not for the show that this recording is from.  This was the only show flyer or poster I could find online for the WM3 tour, so I decided to throw it up there.  It is a really cool-looking poster regardless of what show on the tour it is for.  While I was looking for a show flyer or poster online, I came across the blog where this live recording was originally posted from called That's The Thing About That.  If you are a fan of live recordings, you will find a ton of great live sets on that blog from the last two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment