Friday, October 7, 2011

Slayer's Reign In Blood turns 25 today

Slayer - Reign In Blood
Released - 1986

Twenty five years ago today, Reign In Blood was released on Def Jam Records.  At the time of this record's release, I was at the ripe age of six years old.  In all honesty, I got into Slayer pretty late in the game in 2003, for which I feel no shame.  When I was growing up, my older brother was a total metal head and I have been aware of the band for as long as I can remember.  The most vivid memory I have as a child involving Slayer and my brother is me telling him, "If you don't stop listening to that devil-worshiping music, I won't be your brother anymore."  Fast forward to 2011, I worship at the altar of Slayer and my brother listens to Linkin Park and Disturbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment